Friday, March 4, 2011

Mall rats

Denver spent the day with his grandparents, and afterwards was dropeed off to me as I was getting off of work, so they didnt have to drive him all the way home. Since we were already at the mall, I decided to take him inside and show him around. We walked, held hands and rode the glass elevator together. I don't remember the last time we had time together..just us.  He was riding one of the quarter rides as he spotted the train.
I had forgot all about the train!  
i knew I wasnt getting out of there without letting him ride, but I didn't think I had enough cash. we made our way to the train station with a plan to take the train hostage but luckly i managed to round up a few loose dollar bills and some quarters, from my purse, and we had enough for 2 tickets... whew.


the price of the tickets seem like a lot...until you see the priceless smiles it brings, and then you forget all about it.

and there he is again, a Bum in his glory. we were the only one's on the train. the train conductor couldn't stop laughing at Denver. as soon as Denver sat down he yelled "All Aboard"! and after the ride, he refused to get out. he demanded another ride, but after realizing i wasn't gving in, he reluctentaly deboarded the train. his only question to me was, "where are the tracks"? and it was a pretty good question I suppose.

~Let him hang out with you, remember he has a need to be around you, to learn what being a man is all about. ~
 (Life Lessons on Raising a Boy), Harry H. Harrison


No comments:

Post a Comment