Thursday, February 10, 2011

Odyssey the Owl

I feel like a kid again. I don't know how long it's been since i bought myself a stuffed animal, but for some odd reason, when i came across this owl at the thrift store a few weeks ago, i had to take her home. I just couldn't resist the temptation. For some reason I have been plagued by owls recently, and i figure it is symbolizing something i need to notice at this point in my life. It seems whenever I am out somewhere, i am presented with one in some way, i dream of them, and even seen a real one soar above me and my best friend a few weeks ago while in a cemetery. I perched her up in the window, as if acting as a decoy to ward off shape-shifters.  Ironically, i found that owls symbolize the ability to see things that are hidden hence i named her Odyssey representing the quest of exploration. I guess i will start paying closer attention to the smaller details, maybe ill find something significent. kinda like the barn owl who can see without physical sight, and hear the unspoken.

~I think self-exploration is one of the journeys in life that we are blessed to be able to have. - Anne Heche



No comments:

Post a Comment